My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

How would you go about putting up a curtain pole?

3 replies

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore · 20/02/2009 11:23

I need one in the bedroom. I have a very very vauge idea.

What I need to know is about wall plugs? Do the wall plugs go in first? Or on the screws? Do you drill the holes first or drill the holes with the screws?

OP posts:
JillJ72 · 20/02/2009 12:01

My DH is the one that did this, but what I would recommend is putting up a baton first (a length of wood), and then fixing the curtain pole to that. Guess it depends what your walls are like though!

AMumInScotland · 20/02/2009 12:37

If you are using wall plugs then you start by drilling holes which you then push the wall plugs into, then you screw the fitting onto the wall plugs with the screws provided.

What I'm not clear about in detail is how to get the right size of holes for the wallplugs - you need them big enough that you can push the wallplugs in, but only just, so that when the screws go in they push the sides of the wallplug out to wedge in the hole IYSWIM.

And you need both fittings to be on the same level, or your curtains will slide downhill

For that you need some sort of bar you can lay across, and a spirit leve, so that once you've drilled the holes on one side you can get the others to match.

Aimsmum · 20/02/2009 12:43

Message withdrawn

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.