My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

Another what should I offer thread

4 replies

Jampot · 09/02/2009 09:37

I posted briefly on another thread about this but dont want to hijack it. Ive found a house which is on the market which looks great from the outside, am going to view it today. It was 315k but now reduced to 270k. The agent tells me the floors are suffering from sulphate attack and the vendor will drop 10k off straight away for that. A snoop on the net informs me that its a Police house and they want to dispose of it. It is vacant and has been marketed since October. Its 3 bed semi with lovely garden, off road parking and it is on a road we wouldnt normally be able to afford (or even consider) an old established residential road. Ordinally for the advertised price we would find a 60/70's estate type house as the "real" houses are too much.; So, how should we play it. The agents tell me they've had an offer over the weekend.

OP posts:
Monty100 · 09/02/2009 15:49

Hey Jampot

I saw a police house on the net today, wonder if its the same one?

I'm in sarf London.

Would be interesting to share experiences of house hunting if it is the same one.

Jampot · 09/02/2009 16:42

ah its not the same one Monty27 Im in Solihull (West Mids). I went to see it and its crying out for an extension plus the floor situation would be messy/expensive and altogether would push us over budget. They maintain they have 2 offers now of 250k!

Looked at another house after which has better potential for us.

OP posts:
Monty100 · 10/02/2009 13:03

Sounds like you might have had a lucky escape there Jampot!

When I saw the one down here yesterday I was a bit intrigued, it was going to auction.

Good luck with your search.

Jampot · 10/02/2009 16:21

thanks you too!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.