My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

I need to paint the living room this weekend - help me choose some paint.

7 replies

ChippyMinton · 28/11/2008 12:29

Help! I need to finish painting the living room before the xmas tree goes up. THe walls are currently magnolia [yawn] so I'd like something a bit warmer but still light. Curtains and roman blind are in [http://www.lauraashley.com/Cinnamon+Bricks/RIPLEY-STRIPE-FABRIC/invt/3161341&bklist=this fabric]]

Any suggestions? Don't mind what brand of paint as long as I can get it in Homebase or Laura Ashley (is their paint any good?).

OP posts:
ChippyMinton · 28/11/2008 12:30

this fabric, sorry

OP posts:
TackyChristmasLights · 28/11/2008 12:41

bit of a flyer but how about the Laura Ashley eau de nil (very pale duck egg blue).
Otherwise a warm but pale gold.

ChippyMinton · 28/11/2008 12:53

Funnily enough I was planning on eau de nil for the other room! Pale gold sounds good, hadn't thought of yellow tone. Thanks

OP posts:
TackyChristmasLights · 28/11/2008 16:31

my bedroom is a crown colour called something like pale gold or old gold but a nice Farrow and Ball type mustard-gold would be lovely and rich.

TackyChristmasLights · 30/11/2008 20:29

and the result was?

careergirl · 30/11/2008 21:53

I've got a colour called candle cream, its Dulux. Its lovely and warm but still neutral and bright. Also no hint of yellow and gives off a lovely "sheen". got it in lounge and also on hall and stairs.

ChippyMinton · 01/12/2008 08:43

The result was...I started rearranging the furniture and ran out of time to get the painting done. So still pondering colours if anyone has more suggestions. Will check out Careergirl's suggestion - the name is appealing!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.