My feed

to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.


which work should I ask for a reference for renting?

2 replies

MamaChris · 20/10/2008 11:17

We need to move into rented accommodation and need references for proof of work. DP gave up job to be a SAHP, I was on maternity leave and am now working 8 hours/week, but have a new job starting in January, that I don't yet have a contract for.

Do I tell the estate agents this, or just give them details of my current job (which was FT till this month)? Have never rented privately before so don't know the rules, but need to be able to move in about 10 days, which is tight, given it can take 7-10 days to sort references according to letting agent.

Sorry for confused post - quite stressed and everything is seeming really complicated and impossible right now!

OP posts:
interstella71 · 20/10/2008 11:26

Oh no - has it all gone wrong?

I would suggest that you get a reference from your current job and then also give a copy of your job offer (if you have one, if not your new employers will probably be happy to sort it out).

You will probably look back at this in a year or so and say that it has all worked out for the best, thats not underestimate how completely stressful this must be. Deep breaths, it will all be ok in the end

Your buyers are still total wankers though

MamaChris · 20/10/2008 20:12

thanks. have asked for reference from new job, but they're all out somewhere today. we perhaps have progress on buying now though. all very confusing.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.