My feed

to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.


How do I source a replacement for this this vent in my wall?

2 replies

LovelyDear · 29/09/2008 21:38

we are redecorating our bedroom. it hasn't been touched for decades. There's a walled-in fire place which has a plaster (i'm guessing) ventilation grille in it. this has come out as the cement holding it in was all crumbly, and it has broken in two. my dh says he'll just patch and reuse it but i'd like to replace it with a new one. i can't find one online anywhere - i can find wood, metal and plastic and none of the right dimensions anyway. a real b&q only had metal too. anyone seen what i'm describing in a shop? my dh suddenly said 'what if it's asbestos?' is this just scaremongering or might it really be?

OP posts:
Fizzylemonade · 30/09/2008 18:05

Screwfix??? What is your current one made of?

LovelyDear · 01/10/2008 13:01

i looked on screwfix website. i think this one is plaster, ceramic, like a tile. but a bit more fragile. maybe a tiling shop....

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.