My feed

to access all these features

Join our Property forum for rennovation, DIY, and house selling advice.


Living in the north and selling a flat in London - where should my solicitors be? And any recommendations?

2 replies

Anglepoise · 22/07/2008 10:28

Currently in the process of moving (and surrounded by boxes!). We need to instruct solicitors to deal with our flat sale but I'm not sure whether to instruct someone in London or in Cheshire. My housemate co-owns the flat and will be staying in London but works long hours (whereas I'm on mat leave) so I tend to deal with all house stuff. Any advice?

And any recommendations for conveyancing solicitors in SW London (Streathamish) or Cheshire (Warringtonish)? Thanks!

OP posts:
fishnet · 22/07/2008 14:54

Your solicitor can be anywhere. They don't have to be anywhere near to where you are selling or buying. The only problem will be when they need you to go in and sign contracts. For that reason most go with solicitors near to the place they are selling. But they can always send the contracts to you and you can have them witnessed and send them back.

lalalonglegs · 22/07/2008 17:23

Justin Sidnick of William Heath & Co (020 7402 3151), not the cheapest but completely brilliant. Based in central London (Paddington) but I've used him every time I've bought or sold anywhere in London.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.