My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

Will I look desperate and even suspicious if I do a pack for viewings.

11 replies

twinsetandpearls · 06/06/2008 23:11

The area we live in has the best schools in the area and is generally a nice place to live. Good strong community,golf course with very expensive houses on, lovely village chuch and excellent shopping nearby.

Would it scare of my viewer if I do a fact pack with info about local area and perhaps some photoes of the house to remind them, as I can remember when viewing that they started to blur together.

Also do I mention the fact that there is a house up the road, on the less desirable part of the road that is 3K more than ours but with an ancient kitchen ( ours is new) and in need of complete modernisation, and another two up at 20K more and even though they may have had some work done on them it is in now way worth 20K more and then one on at 40K more again which has a small extension and a wall knocked down but that is it.

OP posts:
Waytmi · 06/06/2008 23:15

No, sounds like a good idea to me. Especially photos as ones on details are rubbish usually. Good luck!

twinsetandpearls · 06/06/2008 23:18

Well we have demanded that they redo our outside photo as we were not happy with it and the trailing rose over our door and gate has come out so that will enhance the picture.

OP posts:
KatyMac · 06/06/2008 23:19

I'd be careful about putting stuff in about the other houses tbh - but I'm not sure why

nancy75 · 06/06/2008 23:19

i dont think iwould mention the other houses that are for sale, but info about schools ect would be helpful.

ChasingSquirrels · 06/06/2008 23:20

i wouldn't mention the other houses, but the pack sounds good.

LivingLaVidaLurker2 · 06/06/2008 23:34

Pack of local info sounds great - I was offered one of these when I looked at a house recently and found it really helpful. I wouldn't mention the other houses though.

helenelisabeth · 06/06/2008 23:35

They probably already know about the other houses tbh. Do a pack though, you won't lose anything.

twinsetandpearls · 06/06/2008 23:36

I wouldn't put stuff in the pack about the houses but mention it verbally, is even that a bad idea. Two of the three houses are in the same estate agents that we are with.

OP posts:
helenelisabeth · 06/06/2008 23:39

No, its not a bad idea - in the present climate, you have nothing to lose.

nancy75 · 06/06/2008 23:42

i wouldnt mention the other houses at all, you want them to be concentrating on your house, not thinking about another one, also you might say to them ooh its awful, needs work and they might have seen it already and thought it was nice!

twinsetandpearls · 06/06/2008 23:47

Ok thanks

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.