My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

Can I Just Say...

10 replies

WestCountryLass · 05/04/2008 12:17

...If you are going to view a property that is obviously a family home, then please don't cancel with an hours notice because "you don't like the area". Check these things out before you make the appointment (FFS).

Do you know how much effort is required to straighten things up with 3 children in the equation? Well what ever you think, double it and you might come close.

Have spent the morning, sorting/tidying/cleaning (and my house is not that bad) to make things look as nice as possible for a viewing at 1pm and have jsut had the call that they have cancelled. Wankers.

OP posts:
noddyholder · 05/04/2008 12:19

I wish more sellers weer like yopu We viewed two this morning and they were tips!!!!

claricebeansmum · 05/04/2008 12:19

But now you have a lovely clean and tidy house for the weekend!

TsarChasm · 05/04/2008 12:25

Oooh I feel for you. My family is the same size.

I was thinking only the other day that if we ever come to sell up, getting every bit of the house in pristine nick to be viewed many times over is going to be a nightmare.

I knew one friend who put her dc in the car so she could sort the house out for inspection for buyers.

Very very annoying and it's Saturday too so the dc are at home.

Eddas · 05/04/2008 12:26

totally agree wcl. I sold when we only had dd and it was a pita to tidy and keep clean for viewings. The amount of people not even bothering to ring and cancel made me One coupld said our estate was too 'inny and outy' so didn't bother to show up lazy f@$&ers

hairycaterpillar · 05/04/2008 12:27

Oh much sympathy have also got 3 kids (all pre school) and have 4 viewings this afternoon. So have spent ALL morning cleaning while DH entertains DC away from home.

I will be mighty annoyed if they dont show!

clam · 05/04/2008 13:32

4 viewings?!! So there are some people still interested in buying then? Goodie.

jalopy · 05/04/2008 17:11

Sympathies. Been there with 3 kids too. Also had 'no shows'. It's enough to make you weep.

oneplusone · 05/04/2008 17:31

why don't you ask your estate agent to hold an open day? All viewings take place on one day, you go out with kids for the day and the estate agent shows all buyers around. That's how we bought out house and it seems like a good idea to me.

WestCountryLass · 05/04/2008 19:00

Was thinking about the open day thing as we are on holiday the weeka after next so could tie the two up maybe.

OP posts:
hoxtonchick · 05/04/2008 19:04

i so feel for you. the viewers we were meant to have last weekend didn't bother looking round our house as they saw one down the road & took against the estate opposite. and the agent only told me when i pushed for feedback .

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.