My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

Recommendations for removals in Barnstaple area

3 replies

cupcakesgalore · 05/02/2008 11:14

After a v. bleak Jan. - much of it unexpectedly spent in a v. grim hospital - we are coming to Devon - hurrah! Could anyone rewcommend a removals co. to us - and also while I'm here anyone know of a good builder and painter/decorator. We may buy a house needing some work (not sure but DH is keen...). I'm getting q. excited about being nr. the sea and hills!

OP posts:
RosaLuxOnTheBrightSideOfLife · 08/02/2008 16:18

We used a South London firm when we moved here, Cupcakes. We got Pickford's and another firm to quote too and the quotes varied wildly from one to another so do get three quotes if you can. Pickford's was WAY expensive IIRC.
Email me if you want and let me know if there is anything I can help you with, I will organise a welcoming committee for you! Can help with painter/decorator and carpenter etc (although they have some work to do for us before I will allow you to have them!)
Hope you are on the mend and very pleased that the North Devon MN chapter is expanding!

cupcakesgalore · 09/02/2008 15:25

Thanks Rosa - I've emailed you with an update!

OP posts:
becky6624 · 31/05/2015 12:11

Did you make it to Devon? How did you feel when you got there? How long did it take to settle in? We too want to relocate our family to Barnstaple, are there any tips you could share?
Many thanks
Becky

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.