My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Parenting a preteen can be a minefield. Find support here.

Preteens

What signs did your dd have before she started her period?

32 replies

Proudtocare · 05/08/2020 13:57

My dd is 10 years old. She has changes in her body, I have tried to talk to her about carrying a pad with her to school etc.. but she gets so upset and refused to. I'm just interested to hear what signs did your children have before or did it just suddenly happen. Tia.

OP posts:
CatsnCoffee · 21/09/2020 00:00

My 11 yo dd refuses ever to flush the toilet and I’m afraid this will cause embarrassing situations for her when she starts.

Gibbonsgibbonsgibbons · 21/09/2020 00:09

Mine started at 11 - so did I so I expected it. Breasts noticeable for a year before she started.

If it helps at all OP my DD was exactly the same wrt taking supplies with her/discussing it etc she howled for an hour after I suggested she put a small zipped bag of supplies in her bag. When she actually started she was calm, prepared & practical Smile

Mysa74 · 02/11/2020 06:54

My daughter is 8 and is starting to develop. In the last couple of weeks I've noticed her hair gets dirty quickly, she's moodier and now the spots are starting to appear... Can anyone recommend a face wash and a good book to back up our little chats please?

Lushmetender · 09/11/2020 11:23

Do you think they get periods earlier these days? My dd is also 10 and getting a bit moody and spotty. I was 14 however when I started. My mum said she was 16! I hadn’t really thought to start giving her pads for her school bag.

Ningnang2000 · 11/11/2020 04:05

My daughter just started hers a couple of months before her 12th birthday. Her body had developed quite a bit and looked very much more teen like than child like. Needed to wear a bra for about a year before hand. The tell tale signs it was imminent were cramps for few weeks before hand and feeling sad and crying for no reason a few weeks before hand.

AngelsWithSilverWings · 14/11/2020 22:34

I've been completely taken by surprise by my DD. She is tiny , only has little breast buds and hasn't had any teenage spots. I really was expecting her to be a late starter.

She complained of having stomach ache and diarreah last Sunday evening and Monday and then on Tuesday came and told me there was blood. I was shocked by how much there was to be honest as I always expected it to be light.

She's been in such a lot of pain and still is now almost a week later.She couldn't sleep last night and is really feeling sorry for the herself today.

I had a nightmare my whole life with awful periods ( endometriosis ) and I'm desperate for her not to go though what I did. She's adopted so no worries that she will inherit endo from me at least!

Glitterblue · 26/12/2020 23:09

@Mysa74 we've had great results with the Nip and Fab face washes. DD was getting quite a few spots just between her eyebrows but since using that she has had none at all for a good few weeks now. We had the pink one to start with and then when I ordered a new one when it was getting low, they sent the wrong one, it's a lime green one, and she actually likes that one better plus it seems to work better. There's a morning one and a night time one.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.