My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Medical abortion at home 48 hours :(

9 replies

Madrodg123 · 26/12/2022 13:17

Hi I'm new here, Iv had A medical at home abortion and it's been 48 hours and I'm only bleeding when I wipe it is a lot when I wipe but not enough to go through pad.. as any one had a similar experience?? I haven't even got any pain I have called and they said some woman can only start bleeding after 48 hours but they will book me a scan but I'm just worrying now until I have a scan, I'm now thinking am I even pregnant ? I did take 3 cheap tests all had 3 faint lines :( please someone reply

OP posts:
Confusedandlost1812 · 26/12/2022 19:42

If it’s been over 48 hours I’d ring again, the nurse told me some women can bleed lighter or have delayed bleeding. I had my second tablets on Friday and my bleeding started after 35 mins and was quite heavy

Madrodg123 · 26/12/2022 20:49

I will call again tomorrow they said they will send me an appointment for a scan but I was just wondering what would happen if it has not worked and I don't know why it wouldn't work 😭😭 I'm honestly so sad I'm only around 4 week ish and my bleeding as gone down a lot today aswel only there when I wipe.

OP posts:
Confusedandlost1812 · 27/12/2022 14:13

How are you today @Madrodg123 ? Thinking of you

Madrodg123 · 27/12/2022 14:42

Hi, the nurse called and did say .. it's a good sign I am bleeding but because I'm only 5 weeks there probably isn't enough tissue to clot and could just be like a normal period for me she said I could even be less then 5 weeks and that she will scan me for piece of mind, but she said it's a good sign it's like a period for me she said the later you have one your tissue becomes bigger like you would image anyway, she did say could also be a chemicals pregnancy I told her I wasn't feeling well last night and she said it's probbaly what I'm going through and that there always there 24 hours a day so I feel a lot better today, l did nothing but cry yestedaay because I just thought it's not worked why me :( x

OP posts:
Confusedandlost1812 · 27/12/2022 21:08

@Madrodg123 You sound quite early on.. 5 weeks from your last period? Usually roughly true gest is 2 weeks lower which is due to ovulation. I agree it’s probably stress, I would keep an eye on your bleeding and wait for your scan for definite. Hope you’re okay

Madrodg123 · 27/12/2022 21:24

This is why I love mumsnet! Thank you for your kind words and help!! How many weeks was you when you had it? Did you get bad cramps ?

OP posts:
Confusedandlost1812 · 27/12/2022 21:46

It’s okay @Madrodg123 !! I totally agree everyone has been so lovely :) I was 7 weeks from my last period, it was painful but I didn’t take the codine as it didn’t get to that point of pain for me, a few days of cramping but today no cramps , I’m day 5 now :)

Madrodg123 · 27/12/2022 21:48

Yes that's what's making me think mine as not worked with me getting no pain... 😕 x

OP posts:
Madrodg123 · 27/12/2022 21:52

I wonder if they'll give me the medication again to take if it hasn't done its job but I can't see why I would bleed but it not work .. also I have had period type cramps there just very mild and there on and off x

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.