My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

10 weeks + medical conditions abortion questions

19 replies

Mumofboyss · 02/02/2022 19:18

Hi, im pregnant, 10 weeks if you go by lmp, but my cycles are alot longer than normal so i would guess im around 8 weeks. Im booked for an abortion consultation but thats not until the 15th which is 2 weeks away which feels like a decade away and its driving me crazy. Can anyone answer my questions? I have type 2 diabetes and am on tablets for high blood pressure, can they refuse to give me an abortion? What method is it most likely to be with these health conditions? I just want this over with and the wait is killing me and making my mind overthink things, ive convinced myself they will tell me i cant have an abortion!!

OP posts:
coldfeetmama · 02/02/2022 19:44

If your blood pressure is stable then you will have no concerns

Just be honest at consultation and answer all the questions properly

You could call and ask if any cancellations

Mumofboyss · 02/02/2022 20:13

Thanks for responding,Ok i will try and call for a cancellation.
Im on medication for it but ive only been on this medication for a week so im worried it wont be stable, any ideas what will happen if they dont think it is stable enough?

OP posts:
coldfeetmama · 02/02/2022 20:23

If someone had a dangerous blood pressure , we would just refer them into an NHS hospital

You would still get treatment

You can always try for a cancellation ? They do happen often

Mum3456 · 02/02/2022 22:52

I’ve recently had an abortion and I had to wait two weeks as well, as each day went by it made me feel even more guilty although I knew it was the right decision. I don’t know about your medication but maybe they’ll just ask you to attend a clinic rather than pills at home so they can keep an eye on you

Mumofboyss · 03/02/2022 05:02

Yeah the wait is awful!! Shocking how long someone has to wait just for the initial consultation, which then puts women alot further in their pregnancy, making the termination even harder! Im hoping its as straight forward as attending a clinic or hospital, but then it makes me worry how much longer ill have to wait for an appointment at one of those places

OP posts:
squishymarshmellow · 03/02/2022 19:30

I have pre- hypertension along with other conditions and I had a termination (medical) 2 weeks ago at 10+2 weeks pregnant. If you have any questions feel free to ask me but the wait is the worst part, the relief after is like a huge weight being lifted.

Mumofboyss · 03/02/2022 20:05

Hi! I have no idea how to quote people in my replies.. thanks for your input. Did you have your medical at home? Did you have to attend a clinic at all? Yes the wait is awful. Im so sure of my decision so the wait is killing me. Its all i think about every second of the day at the moment!! I cant wait for that feeling of relief once its all done and over with

OP posts:
coldfeetmama · 03/02/2022 20:13

Did you book with Bpas or MSI @Mumofboyss ?

Mumofboyss · 03/02/2022 20:51

@coldfeetmama bpas

OP posts:
coldfeetmama · 03/02/2022 20:59

Would you like to send me a PM ?

coldfeetmama · 03/02/2022 21:02

Actually I sussed it and I have sent you a PM

squishymarshmellow · 03/02/2022 21:13

@Mumofboyss

Hi! I have no idea how to quote people in my replies.. thanks for your input. Did you have your medical at home? Did you have to attend a clinic at all? Yes the wait is awful. Im so sure of my decision so the wait is killing me. Its all i think about every second of the day at the moment!! I cant wait for that feeling of relief once its all done and over with

I went to BPAS and after the consultation I had waited two weeks for they told me I'd need to drive to a clinic 80 miles away for a scan.

In the end I referred myself to the gynae department of my local hospital and had the medical termination there. I had a consultation, started the process and went back 2 days later and stayed from 7am until 12pm to finish it
Mum3456 · 03/02/2022 21:49

@squishymarshmellow

I have pre- hypertension along with other conditions and I had a termination (medical) 2 weeks ago at 10+2 weeks pregnant. If you have any questions feel free to ask me but the wait is the worst part, the relief after is like a huge weight being lifted.

Have you taken any pregnancy tests since? It’s nearly been a week since mine and they’re still really strong positives and I’m worried it’s not worked, I did have loads of bleeding an clots
squishymarshmellow · 03/02/2022 22:04

@Mum3456 yes! I took one yesterday actually. It was positive and I freaked out and called the hospital. They said don't worry an over the counter test will be positive until at least the 14th feb (procedure was 17th Jan)

I had accidentally got early result ones you take before your period and I saw what came out so it reassured me a bit.

Mum3456 · 03/02/2022 22:08

[quote squishymarshmellow]@Mum3456 yes! I took one yesterday actually. It was positive and I freaked out and called the hospital. They said don't worry an over the counter test will be positive until at least the 14th feb (procedure was 17th Jan)

I had accidentally got early result ones you take before your period and I saw what came out so it reassured me a bit. [/quote]
Thank you that’s reassured me! was the line strong? Mine is still so dark and I think that’s what scared me I thought it would of at least faded a bit

squishymarshmellow · 03/02/2022 22:17

@Mum3456 I've attached a pic of the test yesterday 2.5 weeks later. The consultant just said don't worry, I've tested too soon and used a very sensitive test

Mum3456 · 03/02/2022 22:28

Ahh yeah still quite dark then, I done the exact same test and this was my line today I’m going to try and leave it til the 3 weeks and do the test they sent me and pray it’s negative

Mum3456 · 03/02/2022 22:29

[quote squishymarshmellow]@Mum3456 I've attached a pic of the test yesterday 2.5 weeks later. The consultant just said don't worry, I've tested too soon and used a very sensitive test [/quote]
Thank you I’m glad to know it’s not just me so
Must be very normal until weeks later, you’ve really reassured me thank you :)

squishymarshmellow · 03/02/2022 22:38

@Mum3456 no worries! Because those tests are extremely sensitive (they pick up pregnancy a week before your period) it will detect any hormone left.

I think for those you need to wait 3-4 weeks then contact if it's still +. Glad I helped, I freaked as well so know the feeling!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.