My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Positive pregnancy test 3 weeks after medical termination? The second line is fainter? :(

6 replies

Unknown6654 · 06/01/2020 06:04

I had a medical abortion on 16th December. I was told to do a pregnancy test today and it’s come back positive? The second line is fainter though. Has anyone had this before? :( need to ring the hospital this morning but I’m really worried

Positive pregnancy test 3 weeks after medical termination? The second line is fainter? :(
OP posts:
Unknown6654 · 06/01/2020 09:58

Anyone? 🙁

OP posts:
BernadetteThreep · 06/01/2020 10:14

When I had a MMC (I had medical management) my first round failed and had to have another dose. After that I was still showing pregnant for about 4 weeks.

Phone the hospital and see what they say. Really sorry to hear you going through this OP. Here to chat if you need it.

Unknown6654 · 06/01/2020 11:20

So sorry that must have been awful for you 🙁 I’ve rang and I have to go for a blood test tomorrow. I’m praying it’s just the hormones are taking longer to to go away I can’t imagine having to go through the termination process again. Thank you x

OP posts:
BernadetteThreep · 06/01/2020 11:49

I'm glad you called the hospital Smile it isn't nice to hear, but sometimes medical management fails - really hope this isn't the case for you.

I hope you get some answers when you're there tomorrow. It can take a while for the hormones to come out of your system. I'm sorry you're going through this x

Unknown6654 · 07/01/2020 15:59

I had my bloods taken and hcg was 500. The nurse checked and said this is fine, if it was over 1000 they’d have me back in. Sounds high considering I had the termination 3 weeks ago but hopefully all okay x

OP posts:
Anonbigbob · 09/01/2020 21:19

it took me over a month for the hcg to disappear completely with me. Hopefully everything turns out okay for you x

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.