My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

is my blood pressure high for me

3 replies

orngelemonapple · 12/02/2024 22:56

had 2+ protein in urine today. midwife said bp is considered normal but that they’d compare it to my booking bp. this was 119/66 and it’s now similar on top but bottom is usually about 80. is this still normal compared to my booking bp or because it’s higher is it classed as high for me?

OP posts:
Hiddenvoice · 12/02/2024 23:13

The reading seems okay, they don’t tend to class it individually and work off of what is high and what is low from a chart.
If the midwife seemed happy then I wouldn’t be too concerned. Did they say if they were going to do anymore tests?

orngelemonapple · 12/02/2024 23:21

Hiddenvoice · 12/02/2024 23:13

The reading seems okay, they don’t tend to class it individually and work off of what is high and what is low from a chart.
If the midwife seemed happy then I wouldn’t be too concerned. Did they say if they were going to do anymore tests?

so i’m waiting on a phone call back about whether the protein is over 30 in my urine and will then need a blood test if it is. i have floaty things in my vision too which is why they sent me to maternity unit alongside the protein but maternity didn’t take my bp, just the gp

OP posts:
Hiddenvoice · 13/02/2024 06:13

It sounds like they are taking care of you. Hopefully all will work out so try not to worry about your bp too much.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.