My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Smoking

33 replies

Possibleyoungmum17 · 04/05/2017 18:41

Does anyone know why you're told to stop smoking during pregnancy? And what it does to the baby?

OP posts:
OnNaturesCourse · 05/05/2017 09:30

MissB yes you are right but there is no need for people to swear. Some people have no other constrictive methods of communication.

OnNaturesCourse · 05/05/2017 09:32

I wasn't breath tested at my booking appointment. Perhaps depends on your area?

C0untDucku1a · 05/05/2017 09:40

People lay off the op. She is young and asking a question. im not here for the deletion message at all

Op, it is very dangerous for the baby, as youve already been told. But smoking around a baby after he has been born is also dangerous for the baby.

Go to you gp and get help with stopping. Dont let people smoke adound you.

Lemondrop09 · 05/05/2017 09:53

My father was a smoker. He had quit by the time my mum was pregnant so no effect on me in the womb. But the damage was done and he had lung cancer by the time I was 2 and died shortly after my 4th birthday (which I remember spending at the hospice with him). Another reason to quit is so your baby doesn't lose a parent to a smoking related disease.

BillyButtfuck · 05/05/2017 09:58

I'm just here for the deletion message Wink

BillyButtfuck · 05/05/2017 10:02

Oooo I remember you OP, you got pregnant from being fingered, right?

GreenGoblin0 · 05/05/2017 10:07

they didn't delete the OPs thread where she asked if she could get pregnant from her boyfriend having sperm on his finger but then again that thread didn't get as much attention as this one...

MissBax · 05/05/2017 10:36

Didn't see that last post, sounds like the poster is a definite troll 😂

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.