Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

So I think i’ve started potty training and i don’t know what i am doing!

santastolemycat · 15/06/2022 22:36

My Ds is 2.5 and has been showing some early sign of readiness for potty training.
Anyway yesterday after his nap he was still dry and therefore hadn’t pee’d since first thing in the morning so I sat him on the potty off and on till he did something.
He must have thought it was great fun because when he was done he said again and tried do another pee. So then tonight we were stripped from the waist down off and on the potty every so often and at one point from across the room he shouted again and ran over to the potty and did his thing!!
I am delighted it’s clicking hopefully but now i don’t really know what to do as i wasn’t prepared for this to happen so quickly!!
So what do I do tomorrow for example when we go to a wee music class?! Will putting a nappy on be a bad idea?! What about nursery on Friday?!
I really am clueless and don’t want to muck it all up!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

fighoney · 15/06/2022 22:46

I don't think there is a right or wrong way really as long as you don't pile the pressure on and follow his cues it sounds like he is ready. If it was me I would just put shorts on to go to the music class and take some spare assuming he will have an accident but if you would rather put a nappy on and he's happy with that then that is also fine.

Please
or

Threetulips · 15/06/2022 22:48

I would get him into some pull ups - that’s what they are designed for - if he hates them go and buy some big boy pants

Please
or

Namechanger355 · 15/06/2022 23:17

Different strokes - maybe use pull ups until you can have a good run of 3 days with him - and then just let him be in pants and run to the bathroom whenever he needs it

you need to follow each time - and keep repeatjng

by the end of the weekend/3rd day he shojld have made good progress if he is ready

no nappies, no pull ups (as there is thinking that this doesn’t really stop them from peeing as it’s not uncomfortable)

this is based on a book called potty training in 3 days - it worked for us but was based on us doing not much else except run around our peeing daughter for that time

Please
or

santastolemycat · 16/06/2022 18:09

Thanks guys! He did half a pee in the potty this morning but some went on his leg so it kinda put him off doing the rest.
We were leaving for music class so I popped a nappy on while I got dressed/organised and he finished in that.
I got some training pants on the way home. He did a small pee in them but didn’t seem to notice he was wet i’m assuming because it wasn’t much.
So I took it back off and again and so far we have had one pee on the floor and 3 in the potty!! :)

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.