Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Help - we've gone backwards!

Noodlemuncha · 10/02/2022 17:40

Hello

My 3 year old son has been potty trained since August. We hardly ever had accidents until a few weeks ago. Now he is regularly wetting himself 3 times a day at nursery and even sometimes on the weekend with us (and we are very careful to remind him to go to the toilet every few hours). Today he has even proceeded to poo his pants in front of us. It feels like he is doing it on purpose. He is dry 95%+ during the nights so I know he can do it.

This behaviour has coincided with my husband (in military) being based away from home during the week (after having been on leave at home for months). I can't believe it is a coincidence. Rewards for keeping pants dry do not work, I'm at a loss what to do. When we talk about how big boys use the toilet he tells me he is a baby.

Tested for UTI to rule that out but came back clear.

We had issues with his behaviour previously (hitting his twin brothers who are now 12m) but solved that by ensuring he got plenty of 1 on 1 attention from each of us at weekends. If it is an attention thing I'm not sure how much more we can give.

Any advice really gratefully received!

Many thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Finchgold · 10/02/2022 17:51

He’s probably just doing it to see what happens. I’d clean him up with minimal fuss and carry on as you are.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.