Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Just straight up refusing to poo!

itsmeh · 09/07/2021 07:55

Hi Mums,

So my 3y,3month old daughter has been trained for a while now, she has pee'd on the toilet now for 7 month minimum and dry at night basically straight away! But she has never ever wanted to poo on the toilet so I left it quite a bit longer and just let her poo in the nappy whenever He would ask me daily...

However, she'll be starting school in September and so I was pushing her to poo in the potty/toilet but she just refuses... it's been around 2 weeks now and at first... She would start to poo in her knickers and then stop, I managed to get a tiny bit into the loo to flush and say "bye bye" but the rest she held in... this went on for 3/4 days... I had been messaging my pediatrician who said to try an enema, so I did a natural one but this still did not work...

On day 6/7 I asked some other mums and they said to give her a laxative, I went to the chemist and followed the instructions of the pharmacist and the pediatrician, so she pooped 3 days in a row as I gradually lowered the dosage!

Each time she would say "It doesn't hurt Mumma" we did the whole routine, down the toilet, bye bye poo poo, let her flush, wash hands, stickers, praised her etc.

Now again she refuses to poo! The last 3 times she has done it at soft play in her knickers (when she was playing and forgot) then the following 2 times whilst we have been in the swimming pool 😳 so Ive taken her straight to the bathroom and repeated those steps, she is no longer scared but has literally no interest of pooing wither in the toilet OR in the nappy (since I thought after day 6 i would just give the nappy back she is clearly scared and doesn't want to do it)

I've found if we go for a walk she cannot hold it in but when she wants to poo she will just sit down... yesterday on our walk she said "Mumma if you let me go home I will do a poo" 😅 but still nothing!

I've bought 3 book one of which has arrived and we have read which she loves but still nothing!

Please tell me some of you have advise or have had the same thing... I feel as if I have literally tried everything but this stubborn little lady will not give in!

Any advise would be appreciated...

We have a nice set up, step to stand on, inner toiler seat, potty if she wanted aswell!

Thanks Mums
💩💩💩

OP's posts:
Please
or

itsmeh · 09/07/2021 07:56

I should also add she can not be bribed with treats or toys, she has no interest!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.