Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Sore bum cheeks after starting potty training

nc2000000 · 11/01/2021 20:03

We started potty training a few days ago and my son has got quite sore looking bum cheeks- has anyone else had this? We're just using an ikea potty, but could it be the plastic?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Copperbeaches · 13/01/2021 22:43

Hi mine has the same, we have had him naked from bottom down and it is cold so thinking that has something to do with it
But has trousers last 2 dáys and it's really sore
Sorry no help but hoping someone might know!

Please
or

leah1991 · 18/01/2021 07:07

Hi there. My daughter got the the same thing. She kept scratching at it too. I wasent sure what caused it as we have a plastic potty other than maybe it's s big change for their skin as it's not hidden and protected in a pull up anymore? She also has sensitive skin and wondered if it could of been the new underwear? Anyway I started giving it a little water wash, a thorough gentle dry and put sudocream on every couple of couple of hours and that done the trick to get rid of it. It hasen't come back now.

Please
or

INeedNewShoes · 18/01/2021 07:13

I'd try a different potty. We had 2 for DD and one of them left red marks that lasted a while but the other one was fine.

Also consider whatever product you use to clean the potty as a possible culprit.

Please
or

Libmama · 18/01/2021 17:27

My 2.3 year old DS has this too. I thinks it’s where he scratches as the label in his pants and sometimes leggings seem to irritate him. I suppose after 2 years of having a nappy against your skin then all of a sudden something different it might just irritate a bit. I’ve just been putting sudocrem on when I put his bedtime nappy on.

Please
or

Copperbeaches · 18/01/2021 18:09

@Ineedredshoes that's a good thought about what I'm cleaning it with as probably been to harsh, I've changed it today, hope that makes a difference.
Other issue I have is he poos when asleep a bit but doesn't wake him so In morning can be a mess so makes his bum sore.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.