Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Is this ALOT of wee's?

Toomuchtooyoung01 · 06/04/2020 10:09

2nd day of knickers and DD (2yrs 10 months) has already done 16 wee's (its 10am)
She doea drink a fair amount of water but does that seem like an unusual amount of wee's?

OP's posts:
Please
or

mummmy2017 · 06/04/2020 23:45

I think she is controling her bladder.
Starts to wee. Can stop it.
Blooming good sign.
All you can do to is make going to the potty mean she gain a reward.

Please
or

Zoey36 · 24/07/2020 18:29

@Toomuchtooyoung01 did it ever decrease?! We are a few weeks in and have about 15 wees a day. Wondering if this is to be expected and whether it will calm down.

Please
or

Toomuchtooyoung01 · 24/07/2020 18:30

It did! After a couple of days of nonstop wees, she learnt quicjly when ste actually needed to go.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Zoey36 · 24/07/2020 20:38

That gives me hope! Although the 15 wees a day for us has continued for weeks now...Urgh!

Please
or

Rubyroost · 24/07/2020 22:53

@Zoey36 we are having lots of wees as I was rewarding with choc buttons, now I'm rewarding for staying dry instead of weeing on potty the amount of wees has decreased.

Please
or

Zoey36 · 25/07/2020 15:30

@Rubyroost Do you just do checks throughout the day? She was having as many wees even before stickers were introduced 😫 She always has a big wee about half an hour after a drink and then always another big wee 20 minutes later! Whyyyyy!?

Please
or

Rubyroost · 25/07/2020 19:08

Yeah I do, but thinking of changing the reward system again as he just wees after he's got a button now. 😂 He's weeing less often though, maybe it's a time thing. How old is your little one? I think bladder control gets stronger as they get older.

Please
or

Zoey36 · 26/07/2020 20:01

Nearly 2.
We had a record of only 11 wees today! That's almost NORMAL 😂 I've kept track the last few days and it really is am obvious pattern of drink-35mins later wee- 20 mins later wee again! But then the gap between the next 2 wees was much longer today for some reason! Her first wee is wee coloured and the second is like pure water! I wish I knew how the urinary system worked because it makes no sense to me! I'm hopeful though that she will learn to do less wees!

Please
or

Rubyroost · 26/07/2020 22:42

That's good then, perhaps she is getting a bit more control, that sound quite normal. My boy seems to be getting less often too. I've read that after two they wee less as they get more control and then after 2. 5 again more control. As we've only just started at 2.5 then I assume it's normal for them to be weeing a lot until their muscles strengthen a bit. After all they're used to just being able to let go in nappies.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.