Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Dear god help me!!

elf1985 · 01/07/2019 16:11

My lb is pushing me to the limit. We started potty training after Easter. Started off really slow but by the middle of may we had cracked it. He seems to have taken a massive step back with number 2s though. He used to love looking at his proud poops, now he will not go on a potty/toilet. Everyday without fail he poops in his pants. I can watch him like a hawk all day and he will hold on until I'm distracted to do it. I have tried everything, reading on the potty, rewards, no pants, bubbles... He just won't. He says he's not scared, he doesn't know why. I have gone from calm and controlled about it, to on the verge of loosing my temper. I can not keep doing it. It's been almost 6 weeks now. I can only keep my calm for so long. Please someone tell me this ends and if so how to end it.

OP's posts:
Please
or

piedmontpepper · 01/07/2019 16:11

How old is he?

Please
or

elf1985 · 01/07/2019 16:13

3 this month

OP's posts:
Please
or

Nofunkingworriesmate · 01/07/2019 16:15

Assuming he is developmentally ready for it
Use a reward he really wants we used chocolate button for a poo and sweets ( actually vitamins) for a wee
Maybe get box of toy cars or similar if this doesn’t work then he’s not really ready

Please
or

elf1985 · 01/07/2019 16:17

We used buttons to start with and they worked fantastically. Now he is not bothered. We have had a freddo desert in the fridge for 3 weeks, and everyday we talk about how today's the day he's going to earn his freddo! I can't understand how he had it cracked but then went back. He hasn't had a wee accident in 8 weeks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

NoUseNumber31 · 01/07/2019 16:25

My ds does this but with wees! So frustrating and my house stinks of wee Hmm
Nothing to add but you're not alone!

Please
or

notso · 01/07/2019 16:42

Frustrating for you. Maybe try a different incentive, my sister put a picture of a much wanted toy on a jar and put money in every time they used the potty.

I'll be honest though I had very limited patience for potty training with my four, if they didn't show signs of being 'done' in two weeks I put them back in nappies.

Please
or

piedmontpepper · 01/07/2019 17:43

Tbh it sounds like he isn't ready

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.