Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Stick with it or have a break and try again?

ColdTeaAgain · 03/11/2015 19:58

We started potty training when DD was 2 and 3 months as she was showing all the signs of readiness etc.

Had a great start, not many accidents, nursery also saying she was doing really well. Brilliant!

Now 2 months on we have hit a wall, over the last 2 or 3 weeks she has gotten progressively worse.

She holds in her wee for ages, any attempt to get her use potty or toilet is stubbornly refused even bribery. If I manage to convince her to sit on the potty she will sit there and do nothing. Then a couple of mins later she wets herself.

As she's weeing she tells me she needs a wee. She doesn't get upset by it so don't think it's an anxiety thing.

Its alway huges wees so it results in a puddle on the carpet or soaking into sofa, am sure the house is starting to smell :(

Obviously we don't tell her off or make a fuss but it feels like we are nagging her to go on the potty a lot and she is digging her heels in!

It's starting to get me down, the washing, the sofa, the carpets, going out as can't get her to use a potty or toilet when out either. Everytime I have been to someones house recently she's wee'd on their carpet. They are fine with it of course but I am finding it stressful!

What would you do? Stick with it? Or back to pull ups for a while and start again?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Nikitasol · 03/11/2015 22:09

We've been having same thing with our 2.1 month year old. Totally up for it was in potty every morning and evening though still in nappies when out, but it's all gone to pot. I think in our case it might be cos he went to stay with grandparents for the weekend and got a bit discombobulated. Still it is frustrating. You have my sympathies!

Please
or

MrsNuthouse · 04/11/2015 10:56

I have no answer to you but we are in the same situation here... DD is nearly 2,5 years old and has shown all the signs for quite some time now, problem we have as well that she absolutely refuses to sit on potty or toilet! She doesn't want the nappy on either, she wants her "big girl pants" and then she wees all over the place. Weird thing is, that also upsets her when her legs get wet Confused so pretty much whatever we try upsets her! This morning was actually one of those times I had to hide in the toilets myself and have a little cry over the frustration...

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.