Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

How long will i have to physically take him to potty?

louiseee123 · 20/02/2015 12:31

Hey,

My LO is 3.1 years and we've held off from potty training till now because he just wasn't ready beforehand. This past week while he's been off nursery we've had just pants on in the house. We've had good and not so good days, but even on the good days he still slightly dribbles slightly in his pants before he tells me he needs a wee.

Then i have to take him to the potty sometimes because he's too busy playing even though he's told me he needs it..how long will this last? He's back at nursery next week and i'm worried if i send him in pant he wont go himself only if someone takes him, he is doing really well and we havent had many puddles, its just dribbles in pants..what shall i do?

Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

sweetlips113 · 21/02/2015 22:18

my LB was 2.5 when I stared potty training him I stayed in the house for 2 day every hour I was taking him to toilet/potty and as he loves baths but hated showers I explained that if he wet or dirtyed himself I would have to clean him in the shower he still has the off day now then (he is now 3)but I find positive and negative reinforcement really helps so if he goes a week in nursery with no accidents we will do something he wants

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.