Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Is anyone potty training an ex-preemie?

Cooki3Monst3r · 14/01/2015 16:38

If so what age did you start? Was it different / more difficult than training your non-premature baby? Do you think at the potty training age they were still 'catching up'?

OP's posts:
Please
or

KendraRuby1213 · 19/06/2016 03:13

I'm currently trying to potty train my ex preemie. My daughter was 2months early. She now is 3 1/2. She pees in the potty but it's the pooping we struggle with.

Please
or

2Cats1Tot · 02/11/2016 14:11

We have tried and failed twice with our DD who was 7 weeks prem. She will we on potty when prompted to try but doesn't seem to get any warning that she needs a wee. interested to hear how you two have got on...

Please
or

2Cats1Tot · 02/11/2016 14:11

she's 3.3 btw

Please
or

MotherOfDragons27 · 02/11/2016 14:16

My son was 6 weeks prem and was later than others to potty train. He was 4 in October and only came out of nappies at the beginning of the summer holidays, so just over 3 and a half. He's still in nappies at night.

Please
or

SauvignonPlonker · 07/11/2016 21:14

Both mine were prem. DS was a 29-weeker & didn't train till 3yr 4m (actual, not corrected) then regressed., especially with poo. He was still soiling at 4, and I took him to see the GP, who said his guts were probably knackered from being prem. He is still in nappies at night at nearly 8.

DD was a 35-weeker & really late too: 3yr 6m. We tried before & it was disastrous eg weeing uncontrollably or withholding. Would try a day without pants once a month & one day she just cracked it.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.