Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

peeing through pants

Jmum1805 · 29/04/2014 10:59

Hi all,
Looking for any hints/tips that you might be able to send my way. Started pt my wee one on Friday, had 3 days of running round the house with nothing on bottom half,He took to it amazingly, only couple of accidents. Decided yesterday that we would move on to wearing pants but so far he can't seem to get the idea of pulling them down. He's still using the potty really well but unless I'm there to stop him he will just sit on potty and pee through pants then complain to me that he's soaking! Lol. Any thoughts on how I get him to either tell me 1st or try to pull his pants down? Should say he will be 2 in a couple of weeks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PirateJones · 30/04/2014 16:42

Wow, well done to him for getting the hang of it so quickly.
The only thing i can think of is to make a game or a song up so he remembers / practices.
Does he have any dolls you can do the steps with? "he needs a wee so he runs to the potty, pulls down his pants and YAY!"

Please
or

Jmum1805 · 30/04/2014 17:17

That's sounds like a good idea, don't have a doll as such but I'm sure we could use one of his Freddie -millions of those! Thank you for the reply. X

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jmum1805 · 01/05/2014 20:28

Not sure if we have started too soon, but now feel like we're a bit stuck. If he's got nothing on then he's using the potty like a pro but the minute we put pants on he just starts peeing wherever he stands, when he realises he stops then I put him on potty and he then finishes his pee. Can't seem to move it forward.

Plus for the past 2 nights he's woke in the middle of the night, really unsettled then asks for potty, does a pee, then we are able to settle him again. This has resulted in 2 days of a very tired boy, which again I don't think is helping.

We're using sticker & smarties as reward and have tried telling him he can have 1 for taking down pants and 1 for pee/poo but doesn't seem to be getting it.

Should we keep going?

Help! I've not been this unsure since he was a new born.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PirateJones · 01/05/2014 20:31

What happens if you put trousers on with no pants?

Please
or

Jmum1805 · 01/05/2014 21:52

Not tried that, maybe worth a shot, although I've just been up to him again, really upset asking for potty, that's 3rd night in a row, so seriously thinking about knocking it on the head for a while. Maybe try again in a month or so. Thank you replying though I do appreciate it. Potty training is enough to drive anyone mad! X

OP's posts:
Please
or

PirateJones · 01/05/2014 21:57

The thing is he's so close, he's even asking at night.

Please
or

WeeClype · 01/05/2014 21:57

I'm in the exact same position, my DS can go all day without a accident if he's no pants on but the minute I put pants on he wets them or sits on the potty without pulling them down.

I decided yesterday to ditch the potty and start using the toilet so he needs to ask to go, hopefully he clicks on soon about pulling down pants.

Please
or

MotherOfInsomniacToddlers · 01/05/2014 22:02

I had this problem. So ended up going about 3 weeks with nothing on her bottom half. (Luckily able to pretty much stay at home) then tried pants again and she got it

Please
or

Jmum1805 · 01/05/2014 22:36

I know, I feel like he's so close but he ends up so upset in the night, it's difficult to see, he's always been a great sleeper, so for him to be up I think maybe it's all just too much for his wee brain to process. Thinking if I lay off for a few weeks it might give him time to process and catch up?

I work 3days a week, so don't have the luxury of letting him go naked for any longer. Took this week off but need to go back next week. [Sad]

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jmum1805 · 13/05/2014 22:15

Well it's good news here. We backed right off, but kept the potty about as he was still asking where it was. Let him go nappy free in the evenings and he was still using his potty unprompted. Then all of a sudden on Sunday he started telling us when he needed with pull up on, took him to potty, put pants on to see what would happen and he continued to ask. Haven't looked back since. He was even at nursary today and has only had 1 accident! So quite happy at the moment and glad we relaxed a bit about it. Think we were stressing him out going on about it all the time.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PirateJones · 14/05/2014 02:14

Congratulations and well done to him!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.