Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Rock and hard place

bigwellylittlewelly · 02/10/2013 17:08

DD1 is 3.2y, and she has a six month delay in development. NNursery are pushing (hard) to PT her and ask she is taken in in pullups every day she attends (3 days a week ) however I really don't feel she is ready AT ALL.

I would love her to be toilet trained, she is the only one who isn't in her peer group, I am absolutely sick of cleaning shitty nappies and usually gag when changing her. She is well aware of when she is going to poo and almost always saves it for when I'm feeding her baby sister. Its foul, really really foul.

Part of my reluctance is that I'm struggling overall with her behaviour at the moment, it would be fair to say we don't like each other much by the end of most days and I feel dragging her kicking and screaming to the toilet every half an hour as well as dealing with the inevitable clean up is only going to make things worse.

DD1 doesn't care either way. We've gpne through phases of her showing signs and just as we plan PT she goes backwards.

Any thoughts? .  

OP's posts:
Please
or

insancerre · 02/10/2013 17:19

resist the temptation from the nursery
you are the parent and therefore calling the shots
do not let them pressure you
when she is ready I would recommend going staright into knickers as pull-ups are a waste of money
they are only nappies after all and will not encourage your dd to potty train
the nursery should know better than to be putting pressure on you
a good nursery will be working with you

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.