Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone starting today/this week? Can we support each other?

PartyFops · 10/07/2013 08:42

Eeek! I've bitten the bullet! Dd is 2.3 almost and I think she should be ready, we have done lots of practicing, I am off work now until Monday, so it seems an ideal time.

It's 8.41am and she is dry so far, one wee on the potty, poo in nighttime nappy, so at least that's done with!

OP's posts:
Please
or

PartyFops · 10/07/2013 09:05

9.04am poo in pants! Blush

She has never done a poo on the potty, so was kind of hoping for this to happen so she might realise...Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

MAnderson · 10/07/2013 22:44

GOOD LUCK!!! I'm just 2 weeks out from doing a 3 day method - after starting too early and having a helluva time!

Please
or

littlemonkeychops · 11/07/2013 08:59

How's it going today Party? Dd is also 2.3 and we're starting saturday as i think she's ready. She wees on the potty if we suggest it and yesterday stripped off twice outside to wee on the patio! Just need to go pant shopping and we're all set!!

Please
or

PartyFops · 11/07/2013 15:15

Thanks MAnderson whats a 3 day method?

little well yesterday went OK, she went to nursery in the afternoon and was dry, I picked her up and she did 2 wees in the car seat plus I stopped to let her have a wee too, Its a 10 minute drive! But still very chuffed with her.

She has been good again all day today, had 2 short car journeys of 10 or so minutes and she was dry each time. Have just put her down for a nap, so put a nappy on her. I wasn't sure this was the right thing to do so I got some advice from the nursery, as dd has naps sometimes 2-3 hours long we thought it best to use a nappy, i was advised that over time the nappy will be dry so we can than stick with pants.

Luckily went haven't had to cross the poo bridge today as she did a massive one in her bedtime nappy first thing! Grin

Let me know how you get on.

OP's posts:
Please
or

littlemonkeychops · 11/07/2013 21:14

Sounds good progress Party - if she's dry some if the time she can obviously do it :-)

My DD did a wee on the potty at nursery and at home tonight. She is very excited ag the thought of getting a sticker (which is list within 5 minutes but she loves choosing!). So looking forward to saturday when we can start properly! Will let you know how we get on.

And i agree about naps, i'll keep her in nappies/pull-ups during naps until she is dry after naps for say a week and then give it a go without. One step at a time.

Please
or

PartyFops · 11/07/2013 22:46

Well after all that she didn't go down for a nap in the end, just played in her Room, took her nappy off and peed on the floor!
Potty was not in the room.

In fairness whilst I was making dinner she took herself off to her potty and used it a few times, the only problem she then picks it up and runs around with it Shock!

We are out tomorrow morning, a 20 minute drive and then an hours music/singing group and a drive back so that will be interesting. I think as she will be in a summer dress I will use her training pants so if she does wet herself its unlikely to flood the floor.

OP's posts:
Please
or

issimma · 12/07/2013 09:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

PartyFops · 12/07/2013 19:12

Hi Issimma, we've not had poo yet either, I'm dreading it too!

I suspect she will do it in her night time nappy for a while.

We had some good success today, we went to the music group, so 20 mins in the car (dry) quick wee before she went in, then asked for the potty so I took her to the toilets and she did a wee. And she was dry in the car on the way back including a 40 min nap!

She had one accident this evening but in her defence the potty was not in the room, I was tidying the garden and he had just done it when I brought the potty to her. Another whilst she was eating her tea.

What was good though, she had a slightly earlier bath than usual as she was covered from tea time, I put her in her pjs and put a nappy on (30 mins til bed). Just before bed she took her nappy off which was bone dry and did a wee on the potty. Grin Good girl!

How are others getting on?

OP's posts:
Please
or

issimma · 13/07/2013 09:50

Please
or

PartyFops · 13/07/2013 13:24

I find for some reason that she is better with clothes on rather than just pants or nothing on. She actually thinks to take her trousers or shorts off, if she just has pants on she tends to just wee on the floor Blush.

We had a poo in her pants today too. Normally you can tell when she does a poo, but she seems to have mastered the stealth poo!

OP's posts:
Please
or

littlemonkeychops · 13/07/2013 17:15

Hi
Well DD used the potty first thing, then we went pants shopping so she had pants on for an hour (dry). Now in the paddling pool so who knows!!
She gets chocolate buttons for a poo, she did half on the potty last night (first half on the patio!!!), so bribery seems the way to go. She has just wanted to try and insisted on sitting on the trainer seat. I think i'll encourage that as cleaning the potty after a poo wasn't the most fun i've ever hsd ;-)

Please
or

Wereonourway · 13/07/2013 17:23

First day for me today. Ds is 2.5. He has used potty before when offered but never seemed ready.

Bought a buzz lightyear potty and he did 2 wees on it within half an hr but has since weed pretty much constantly on floor. He's been to a fair with his dad and had ribena to drink so hoping once that's out of his system he wees more consistantly!

Please
or

littlemonkeychops · 14/07/2013 17:33

Hmm, mixed success so far really, some success yesterday but nothing but accidents today, maybe she's distracted by the sun and being in her swimsuit etc. I keep offering the potty and she tries but doesn't go but then 5 minutes later has an accident. Will persevere....

Please
or

Nassau · 14/07/2013 23:52

Littlemonkey - put a few sheets of toilet roll in the potty before they go toilet so if they poo it's easier to clean. Still not a great experience but at least you won't have to wipe too much poo off the potty!

Please
or

PartyFops · 15/07/2013 21:20

Aww littlemonkey that was sounding so promising, how are things now?

I know they say to start potty training when its hot, but we have so much more success when its cooler, she wees all over the place when shes naked, or through her swimming costume (but sat on the potty)

I like the idea Nassau of the toilet paper in the potty first, however I suspect my dd will be more interested in trying to get hold of it.

OP's posts:
Please
or

issimma · 16/07/2013 10:07

Please
or

PartyFops · 16/07/2013 19:44

How did she get on at nursery today issimma ?

DD did a poo on the potty this morning happy poo dance! And only had a couple of little accidents at nursery today.

I find it facinating how quickly they start to go longer between needing to go. I can't wait until she can go a couple of hours without needing to go, but i think thats a way off yet.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.