Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

My son wont poo on the potty

Shez1981 · 03/09/2012 13:17

My son is 2 years 7 months and has been weeing on the potty for around a months with no accedents, he will even ask his older sister if i am out of the room. The problem i have is he will not poo on the potty he will go in his pants. I have tryed every thik i can think of from rewards to being told off and nothing has worked.
I would love any help you may have.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Nevercan · 03/09/2012 21:29

If it helps my dd1 did this for about 4 months and I tried everything. Randomly one day she just did it on the potty with no prompting - it suddenly seemed to click!

Please
or

NoToastWithoutKnickers · 03/09/2012 21:32

It took a while for DD. Don't worry, he'll get there. It's just a case of reminding him gently each time that next time maybe he could have a go on the potty. Does he go at a similar time each day?

Please
or

ninjasquirrel · 04/09/2012 21:46

Nothing helpful, but we are in the same situation - DS has just turned 3 and won't poo in the potty or toilet. He will often wait until he has his nappy on, but other than that, there's no pattern and he only goes about every other day. I'll watch this thread and see if anyone has any ideas!

Please
or

Fresh01 · 05/09/2012 22:09

I hear you! My son is the same age and doing the same thing. We have only been toilet training nearly 2 weeks and he says he needs to tell mummy, poos go in toilet etc etc then stands and goes in his pants! He goes twice a day so taking a lot of deep breaths from me!

Please
or

WillNeverGetALicence · 06/09/2012 09:36

I can beat you all!

DS1 is 3.4 yrs and still pooing in pants.

Admittedly he only cracked wees in potty/toilet just after turning 3...

But we have tried everything too to get him to do poo in potty/toilet.

He will hold it until he has pull up pants on. And even then he still tries to hold it in until it literally forces it's way out.

So holding firm and leaving him without pants on meant I had poo all over the carpet.

Not sure how to crack this. Was just about to start a thread about the same issue actually!

Good luck OP. And if you do sort it out please let me know how!

Please
or

Iggly · 06/09/2012 20:43

DH sat with DS next to him and talked about poos and how they can take a bit of time etc. Relaxed him enough that he did his first poo on the potty.

After that, I used chocolate buttons as bribery which worked a treat.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.