Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

any advice please?

sheepsgomeeping · 27/07/2012 19:31

My dd is 2.2 and I have had the potty in the front room for weeks and she would sit on it and put her teddy on it and just generally got used to seeing it about.

For months she was fascinated by people going to the loo and she would pretend to go herself, she would even tell us when she had done a poo, it was all rather sweet really, she was never ever pushed into training at all.

So a week ago she sits on the potty again, by herself, stands up and brandishes the potty, yelling look I did it and sure enough she had done a wee, I really Praised her and for a week its been peachy, no accidents, she's even done a few poos, we have been out for the day and she's been great

Until today.

She will not go and do a wee at all, she will sit but not produce and seems a bit anxious about it all. She went all day without a wee so I just put a pull up on her about three and she filled it with wee.

I dont know what to do for the best now, she was doing so well but I dont know how to move forward now. She has only just turned two so she's only young so I dont want to put any pressure on her at all but its frustrating. Do I just leave it for a few days and. Just put a pull up back on her, she can pull it up and down no probs so she can always have a go he she needs to. Or carry on with knickers which she was great with too.
Argh.

OP's posts:
Please
or

sheepsgomeeping · 28/07/2012 19:36

Anyone??

OP's posts:
Please
or

curlyLJ · 28/07/2012 22:11

Not sure I can be of much help, but I would keep going, keep praising her successes and don't dwell on the accidents and see how she goes. I think some sort of regression is inevitable... My DD has been toilet training for about 3.5 weeks - it was her choice in the end to be nappy free in the day, but she still has her fair share of accidents, mainly poo but wee too on the odd occasion. She will not wear a pull up at all in the day (she doesn't really want it on at night, but that's not negotiable at the moment!)

She also seems to be able to hold on to wee for a very long time and I was getting stressed out by it too (last weekend) when she just would refuse to sit, or not produce, but it seems to have passed now (no pun intended).
My DD seems to be more anxious if we're out and about and if she needs a loo - she's not keen on some public toilets... but in the end she did go when she really needed to, and has been fine since. So if she was doing well, I would persevere for the moment as you don't want to confuse her or give her mixed signals. Keep up the encouragement and I am sure she'll be fine Smile

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.