Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

is this reasonable progress for day 1?

bonzo77 · 15/06/2012 21:30

DS is 2.3. Today was day 1 in pants. He did lots of wees (standing up), when prompted, in the potty. I had to help by holding the potty as his aim is rubbish (naturally), he refuses to sit down. He had 4 accidents (might have been 3, as he might have spilled his drink at lunch). He had no idea he had wet himself. He did one poo. He did a tiny crumb of it in his pants, realised he didn't want to do that and called me, so I rushed him to the potty, and got his pants down in time to catch the turd in the potty. Obviously he got lots of cuddles and kisses and 2 chocolate buttons for this.
I feel only 4 accidents is good, and the poo scenario was brilliant, but I am worried that I have to ask all the time about wees, he seems to only be able to go about 20 minutes between wees, and he didn't realise he was wet.
Any suggestions for tomorrow? I have put a nappy on for over night and naps, but take it off the minute he wakes up. He understands that pants are for when he is awake and nappies for sleeping.

OP's posts:
Please
or

lorisparkle · 15/06/2012 22:15

Sounds good so far 2.3 is still very young. Getting some wees and a poo in the potty is fantastic. You hopefully will find the awareness and time between wees increases quite quickly but I would say if you have the time and flexibilty give it at least a week or two (unless you or him are getting stressed) before deciding to stop.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.