Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

It is normal to regress?

southernbelle77 · 23/05/2012 21:49

DD has been potty training for about a month. First couple of days hard work but after that she got the hang of weeing on the potty. Sometimes with a little reminder but soon she started telling us when she needed to go and we would go off and do it.

She has never been great with pooing on the potty and have more accidents than success but hoping it will get there soon.

The last few days though, she has been weeing herself more frequently than telling us and I don't know why. I'm trying to keep calm and just remind her that she needs to tell me.

She is 2.6.

Any ideas are gratefully received.

OP's posts:
Please
or

3duracellbunnies · 24/05/2012 20:33

My ds did that for a while about 3 weeks after we started, he had been doing well, we started in the holidays and didn't use any rewards other than praise. I think then we had a stressful week, everything had gone back to normal, sisters back at school etc. I got him back on track with a sticker on his jumper every time he went on the potty, took about 4 days to get back to previous level, but since then he's better than he was before the regression. He is similar age to your dd. I think they find it hard when your initial entusiasm wanes a bit.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.