Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Ellimination communication 8 months

xkatxdollx · 08/05/2012 18:49

My daughters almost 8 months and id love to try ellimination communication. I would like her to be fully trained by around a year or year and a half. I know when she poops its just pee thats going to be a problem. Any success stories? I read to put her on the potty after 20 mins of eating im going to try that and see if she pees sooner or later than that to see what her schedule is like.

OP's posts:
Please
or

girlywhirly · 09/05/2012 10:46

I see no reason why you shouldn't try, it will get her used to the potty and you may reduce the number of nappies you use.

I would be careful about stating a time by which you want your baby to be trained, this rarely works in practice. There are often refusals to sit on the potty at times when they learn to walk, or when other things are so much more interesting. I think you would set yourself up for disappointment when you put your child on the potty and she just gets off and wees on the floor. Be careful that she doesn't pick up any annoyance or pressure from you if she has accidents.

I think the secret is to offer the potty, but don't make her sit there for a long time, if she wants to use it she will. Put nappies on between times. You could start off gently by just offering the potty after meals and at nappy changes.

Please
or

xkatxdollx · 09/05/2012 18:42

She pooped in the potty today so proud! Now just gotta try amd catch those pees!

OP's posts:
Please
or

brettgirl2 · 11/05/2012 20:06

Having had nightmares with dd1 poo withholding prior to.potty training, I seem to be having quite a bit of success with dd2 (4 months) in terms of 'encouraging' her to go with nappy off.... Obviously potty is next step when she can sit properly - wees sound like fun but challenging! Let us know how you get on!

Please
or

xkatxdollx · 11/05/2012 23:24

Mine didnt like her potty so she used the potty on the big toilet and its going well she didnt like it at first but im perseistant and shes starting to get used to it i just keep lots of toys and books to keep her distracted and keep her diaper off and write a potty log to kind of see how often she pees, i put her on before and after naps and before bath and before bed and usually 20 to 40 mins in between i catch most of them poops are easy cuz she makes the faces pees are harder just let her be naked and write down every time she pees then the next day try and go in around those times! :)

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.