Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Is he ready??

choccybox · 10/03/2012 22:50

DS is 14 mo. for the past month whenever we have nappy off time he poos and wees On the floor. Its pretty deliberate and has been happening most days if we don't catch him in time.

Is this a sin he is ready? Another problem is he hates his potty (over toilet one or complete). Should I just persevere with encouraging on potty or accept its too early and make sure I catch him before poo is on the floor??

Many thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Nevercan · 11/03/2012 14:51

14 months old is very young to start potty training. Is he interested in following you to the loo and flushing etc.?

Please
or

babybouncer · 11/03/2012 21:42

It seems very young. Can he tell you in any way when he wants to do a wee? Can he sit still for long enough to do a wee? Can he pull his trousers up and down himself? It may be impractical to do potty training if the answers to any of these are no. Could just be that he likes that no-nappy feeling!

Please
or

choccybox · 12/03/2012 22:28

Thanks for replies.

I can tell when he is weeing but he will not sit on potty. Tbh it's more the pooing whenever the nappy is off that is causing problems. Should I persevere with sitting on potty or just b ready when nappy is off? I think it may be too early to expect anything else.

If anyone managed to train early I'd be interested in their experiences

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.