Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

ds standing to wee & poo. time to put nappy back on?

lalabingbong · 11/01/2012 19:07

ds has been nappy free pants on (or off) for 3 days now. By the end of the second day he was realising when he needed to poo and wee and without prompting was managing to get himself to his potty. Despite sitting him on his potty throughout the process, when he gets to the potty himself and needs to go he refuses to sit and will try and do both poo's and wee's standing. Weirdly he has great aim and his wee's fill the potty but obviously his poo's don't as he is facing the wrong way. He wont let us sit him on the potty either. Today I thought we would be able to get him to sit but no such luck. Again he is happy sitting when we encourage him to see if he needs to go; but when it is really time to go he will only stand. So do I carry on tomorrow and if so any tips? Or should we stop? On one hand i feel like he is doing so well and has done the hard bit by taking himself to the potty when he needs to go. On the other hand what good is it if he won't sit on the potty?! All help and advice appreciated! Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

bigpigeon · 12/01/2012 09:26

Try with a toilet training seat and bin the potty if he is doing well. He won't be able to reach to stand. Stick with it for a while and you could even play a game called Wee or Poo, where he guesses what is coming. That way when he gets it right you know it is time to switch to standing again.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.