Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What to wear at night?

Biscuitsandtea · 28/11/2011 13:30

Hi,

DS has been potty trained / training for about 6 weeks now and we're not doing too badly in the day. However, at overnight he is almost always dry since we've started training in the day. He has been dry the last 10 consecutive mornings and prior to that it's only been the odd wet one. So pobably one wet morning in the last fortnight or so.

ANyway, I'm in no rush to go nappy free over night (he's 3.2) but we are starting to think about it. Will probably give him a bit longer in nappies but if he keeps this up we might chance it.

Anyhooooo, what I wanted to ask is what should they wear to bed instead of nappies (aside from PJs obv)? Do you generally put them to bed in pants or not? I have no idea what would be normal when they're starting out nappy free Confused

OP's posts:
Please
or

KnittingNovice · 29/11/2011 13:35

Once ds started having dry nappies in the morning we asked him if he wanted to wear pants and he said yes.

We had to put a night light and potty in his bedroom and he will happily wake up and take himself to the toilet in the night

Please
or

coolragdoll · 29/11/2011 13:46

Sounds fantastic- might as well lose the nappies- ours was a late developer but we ran out of nite time nappies and so she had to go without and- hey presto- we've only had about 2 accidents in the several months since! You could get some disposable bed sheet (Dry nites? Sleep mats? something like that) that go under the sheet and protect against accidents.

Please
or

notcitrus · 29/11/2011 13:58

When ds said he didn't want a nappy at night (about 6 weeks after mastering the potty in the day), he didn't want anything on his lower half. A couple times he's had pants or PJs and wet himself, whereas without anything he hasn't weed in the bed for a couple months now, getting up and using the bathroom potty just fine (though does often feel the need to tell me about it...)

So as he seems warm enough at night, I think we'll stick to naked below the waist for a few months unless he wants the PJ bottoms again. But pants are compulsory for breakfast!

Please
or

Seona1973 · 01/12/2011 20:34

mine just wore pj's with no pants. I never had a potty in the room so the kids had to go to the bathroom (they always woke us up to help though)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.