My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

8 months PP, still look six/seven months pregnant

4 replies

hensloe · 05/12/2021 16:53

Help!
Is there anything I can do?
I look seven months pregnant, even though DS arrived 8 months ago.
I have a huge bump! Huge!
(I'm definitely not pregnant btw!)
Has this happened to anyone else?
Will it get better?
Someone mistook me for pregnant the other day!

OP posts:
Puddlelane123 · 05/12/2021 16:58

Me too OP, me too. Am 8 months PP and look easily 6 months pregnant still. My diastasis recti has healed so I can’t even blame it on that sadly. I find it so hard to find clothes to wear that don’t make me look pregnant.

hensloe · 05/12/2021 17:14

@Puddlelane123

Me too OP, me too. Am 8 months PP and look easily 6 months pregnant still. My diastasis recti has healed so I can’t even blame it on that sadly. I find it so hard to find clothes to wear that don’t make me look pregnant.

Right!
Maternity clothes fit, but they make me look even more pregnant! What is going on?!
OP posts:
dreamingdream · 06/12/2021 14:13

@hensloe same here, it's called "diastasis recti" google it and tell your doctor. I have diastasis recti, the muscles on the abdomen got torn during pregnancy and here we are with overstretched torn muscles all separated and painful. I can't even exercise with it. I also have gall stones pain so everything is just too much for me. Pain everyday.

I look huge as well. This is the biggest weight I have been in my life so far. My weight has increased ever since child birth. My other health conditions are partly to blame because my hormone medication causes weight gain. Also I have depression so it adds to the disorder of me gaining weight.

Garman · 07/12/2021 08:39

Yes it sounds diastasis recti, talk to your gp, it's not normal to still look pregnant so long after.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.