My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

C section scar a bit red 5 months PP

5 replies

Willow4987 · 14/07/2020 00:01

Is it normal for it to still be a bit red? As in more red than a few days ago?

It doesn’t hurt (although it’s still a bit achy inside if I do too much) and I’m keeping an eye on it but wasn’t sure if it was normal

OP posts:
orangejuicer · 14/07/2020 00:05

Achy is normal.
Ia your acorn bothering you? Does it get better if you relax and rest? I had issues with me for a bit but it sorted itself out and thankfully no issues since then. Do keep an eye on it though. I'd be surprised if it was infected at this stage but you never know.

Willow4987 · 14/07/2020 07:15

The aching isn’t bothering me. It’s more that sometimes I’m aware of it, like I’ve done some sit ups (which I haven’t) - it’s just that sort of awareness

I don’t think it’s infected. Maybe it’s just a bit warm due to the pouch over the top

OP posts:
orangejuicer · 14/07/2020 17:56

I have no idea what acorn was supposed to be!

Glad to hear you think it's not infected. I found it takes a little bit of time to settle down, but activity definitely exacerbates the warm/tight feeling. Just make sure you rest, it is major surgery after all.

Willow4987 · 14/07/2020 20:19

I think I’ve worked out that some of it is underwear rubbing and then my 2 year old jumping all over me Grin

OP posts:
orangejuicer · 14/07/2020 22:23

Underwear will definitely be the culprit. Not sure you can do anything about the toddler jumps though Grin

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.