My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Getting BF baby to take a bottle

4 replies

Cloudyyy · 03/04/2019 15:29

Any amazing tips? Everyone keeps pushing me to continue breastfeeding but it’s soooooo draining not being able to even express breast milk and leave her with her dad whilst I have a bath! She feeds every hour!! I’m exhausted and at the end of my tether!!

OP posts:
Celebelly · 03/04/2019 15:32

My seven-week DD switches between Minbie bottles and the breast with no issues. But we had introduced it early, around the three week mark as we had latching issues (that thankfully are resolved now).

Bees1 · 03/04/2019 17:28

I tried multiple bottles, got different people to feed him with me not in the room etc as per all the recommendations but my first flat refused the bottle, I think I got him to take a couple of ounces about 3 times from a Mam bottle (I started trying at 3weeks) when made a diffence to my sanity was a dummy as sometimes he just needed to suck for comfort and not actually feed. Might be worth a try?

HalfBloodPrincess · 03/04/2019 17:29

Latex teats instead of silicone

anonforthespies43267 · 14/04/2019 14:27

Also interested in tips. Planning on bf when baby arrives late June/early July, however we have weddings at end of Aug & end of Sept which we would like to attend so need to get her used to the bottle ASAP.
How early did you all start?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.