My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

9 weeks after birth, uterus not empty and having pains

4 replies

MagicalCreatures · 09/03/2019 17:54

Exactly that. Is there anything I should be aware off or does anyone have any idea what this means.

I had a normal delivery except I was pushing for nearly 3 hours.
I had my 6 week check with baby and the doctor took swabs because I had quite abit of discharge (sorry tmi) and sent me for an ultrasound because I’ve been getting mild pains.
The swabs came back clear of infection but the ultrasound showed that my uterus still hasn’t shrunk back to size and it looks like there is still blood and stuff in it.
I still haven’t had a period yet either and I’m not breastfeeding.
I’ve got doctors again Wednesday and today the pains have been more consistent and worse.
Any ideas?

OP posts:
JiltedJohnsJulie · 10/03/2019 14:43

No idea sorry Magical but I think you are doing the right thing in going back to the GP. If the pains are getting worse, it might be worth calling 111 for sone advice Smile

MagicalCreatures · 10/03/2019 20:04

@JiltedJohnsJulie Thankyou for replying. The pains have eased today but are still there on occasion. I’m just worried I’ve got more of an internal infection but then I would have had it a while if I did and I’m not showing any other symptoms of having an infection. I’ll wait til Wednesday at the doctors unless ofcorse something changes x

OP posts:
JiltedJohnsJulie · 10/03/2019 20:12

Let us know how you get on Smile

Nala8 · 05/04/2019 20:55

I had the same problem! Took me 3 months for the pain to stop Smile time will help x

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.