My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

what do you think would make a good product to help with post natal depression?

4 replies

CLatif · 04/12/2018 18:55

Hi everyone,

I am an undergraduate product design student, in my final year of study. I am interested in creating a product and app for post natal depression. If you have any ideas or thoughts on what I could implement or create then I would love to hear your input.

OP posts:
bionicnemonic · 04/12/2018 21:03

If its a product and app it sounds as though you've already made your mind up? If you were thinking of helping people with depression an app (which is something which doesn't increase social contact) would seem unlikely to be of great benefit, especially when it presumably using takes time and a new mother doesn't really have a huge amount that. Info about depression apps here
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5897664/
or were you thinking more like this
letsmush.com

CLatif · 26/02/2019 19:17

Yes an app similar to letsmush. I would like to create an app that allows parents to join chat groups and discuss certain topics. That also provides relaxation techniques for the parents and babies, as well as encourage them to stay active.

Would you recommend any other features that you think would be helpful?

OP posts:
PotteringAlong · 26/02/2019 19:18

So you basically want to reinvent mumsnet?

CLatif · 04/03/2019 15:53

It would be similar. As in it would have a topic discussions feature, but the app will be mainly focussed on helping parents with post natal depression. Encouraging them to do more physical activities suggesting relaxations techniques etc.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.