My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

TMI blood after breastfeeding **Trigger warning - image included. Warning added by MNHQ**

5 replies

leah167 · 12/07/2017 12:38

Hello way to much TMI here but I'm so worried..
I've just finished breast feeding and I felt like I was bleeding a lot so I checked and it was literally running out of me along with some large clots..I thought the blood was supposed to be light and diluted not so blood like? Just abit confused and worried any advice will be hugely appreciated

TMI blood after breastfeeding **Trigger warning - image included. Warning added by MNHQ**
OP posts:
OutnumberedbyFurchesters · 12/07/2017 12:41

How old is your DC?

Very large clots should be checked out by a HCP. If you're worried call your midwife.

SureIusedtobetaller · 12/07/2017 12:42

Hiya, how old is your baby? Breastfeeding makes your uterus contract initially so you may well bleed more heavily. Might be wrong but I think this is correct.

leah167 · 12/07/2017 12:42

He was a week yesterday

OP posts:
StiginaGrump · 12/07/2017 12:43

Presuming you have a newborn then bf will also make your uterus contract which causes more bleeding. What you have could be entirely normal presuming it has stopped/slowed but check with your hcp/MW because they can judge whether it is normal for you and your circumstances.

StiginaGrump · 12/07/2017 12:46

Ok so far day 7 I would share that with your MW - looks a bit too fresh though again not necessarily unusual x

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.