Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Politics

Does William Hague have kids?

5 replies

NormaSnorks · 12/05/2010 22:32

I felt sure that I read a long time ago that Ffion was pregnant, but have never heard their children mentioned?

None of my business, I know, but just interested....

OP posts:
pollywollydoodle · 12/05/2010 22:40

not according to official CP profile

EightiesChick · 12/05/2010 23:10

Spookily, I also wondered about this today norma. I think it's because politicians with kids, especially young kids, seem to be becoming the norm at the moment. Having googled [nosey emoticon] I found a couple of references to her being pregnant years ago but nothing more and nothing on wikipedia, Tory website etc. So I assume either those reports were speculative and turned out to be false, or the pregnancy didn't continue to term. Hopefully it is that they have consciously decided not to have them [none of my business emoticon].

NormaSnorks · 13/05/2010 09:19

Eighties Chick - yes, I found the same references.
I think I also saw something recently about Ffion publishing a book etc and wondered how she had the time with young kids etc.

Like you, I hope it was choice and not circumstances if they haven't .

OP posts:
ajandjjmum · 13/05/2010 09:27

From an article in 2002 -

But he confirmed that he wanted to continue as an MP. "I'd like to be in Parliament for at least 30 years, and God willing, I would love to be a father. I don't think I'd become a house husband, that would be too much of a revolution for the Hague family, but I want to do the nappy changing. And we'll have the huge advantage of not bringing up our children in Downing Street."

Northernlurker · 01/09/2010 18:36

Sadly it appears from his statement today - that it's very much not their choice to remain childless Sad

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.