My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Politics

Do you live/vote in Reading (East or West)

4 replies

Trafficcone · 29/04/2010 20:19

You don't have to say who you're voting for but what do you think of the candidates locally? I'm wondering if what I was told was true and the lib dems will take
both seats?

OP posts:
MrsJamin · 29/04/2010 20:27

Interesting that you were told that. I'm in Reading West and will be voting for Daisy Benson, Lib Dems - I like the lib dems anyway but she is a hard working councillor already and think she would work hard for Reading West. She's also very nice and has a great taste in music ;) You can read her thoughts on twitter and facebook. Don't know about the reading east candidate. What do you think, trafficcone?

BoredCommuter · 29/04/2010 20:43

I live in Reading East, and haven't met any of the candidates, have to be honest i feel we have been compltely ignored, which makes me thinks they think it is now a safe tory seat. Reading West seems to be the target one now Martin Salter is standing down

The only person I know in Reading East who has had contact with the candidates is my friend when the Tory candidate stepped out in front of her car without looking

Trafficcone · 29/04/2010 20:47

I'm a Lib Dem voter locally but in my area of Oxfordshire they've never managed to field a candidate I'd vote for nationally and we are a very safe Tory seat so I guess they are putting their effort in elsewhere. Someone I know from the LDs said she thought Daisy and Gareth the candidate from East who is orgionally from this area, were pretty much dead certs and I was wondering if any mumsnetters could 'prove' the presumption.

OP posts:
MrsJamin · 03/05/2010 19:32

Well according to the bookies, it's Tories, then Labour, then the lib dems.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.