My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Politics

Come and help me decide who to vote for?

4 replies

mama2moo · 23/04/2010 11:58

I dont want Labour in again, I think a change is needed.

I like the Lib Dems but am thinking that a vote for them might mean that Gordon stays in.

Should I just vote for David Cameron and be done with it?

Ps I have never voted before and neve really taken an interest. But, I do not like Gordon Brown and think he has done an awful job.

OP posts:
WebDude · 23/04/2010 12:04

If you check a few of the threads, you'll see there are links to websites which give indicators of how much your vote "counts" - based on how "safe" a seat your constituency is.

If you prefer the Lib Dems, I'd suggest you vote Lib Dem, because when the dust has settled on 7th May, if the numbers are highest for the Lib Dems, it will prove that PR is the way we should go for democracy, even if one of the other parties gets more seats.

Voting for anyone else is a vote against the Lib Dems overall as well as in your own constituency, unfortunately.

atlantis · 23/04/2010 12:08

"Voting for anyone else is a vote against the Lib Dems overall as well as in your own constituency, unfortunately. "

Ahh, but a vote for the conservatives is a vote against Gordon Brown and Labour.

WebDude · 23/04/2010 12:18

Fortunately, m2m seems more likely to want to vote for the Lib Dems than anyone else.

atlantis · 23/04/2010 12:51

But she wants to keep Brown out and the only way to be sure to do that is with an overall majority conservative government, do ya think?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.