Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU 18 YO DD wants 28 boyfriend to stay over

Kiki105 · 19/08/2022 16:07

My 18yo DD has been seeing a 28 year old for about 4-5 months which I not best pleased about and therefore she's kept him away from the house. Apart from when I've been out and he's clearly been in the house smoking out of her bedroom window and stubbing his cigarette ends on the wall outside leaving a nice black mark and me having to pick up his cigarette stubs from the garden. I had a moan at my DD about this and made her clean the wall. So already I've taken a dislike to the guy for disrespecting my home. I've had a text today from DD today asking if I'll ever let him into the house. I've not responded yet because I'm finding it very difficult to accept. I'd like to sit down with her and lay down some rules if he is to come round, ie not stay the night but she probably disobey me anyway because her previous boyfriend practically moved in during lockdown. What would you do?

OP's posts:
Please
or

hedgehogger1 · 19/08/2022 16:20

Wouldn't let him in the door: he sounds very disrespectful already!

Please
or

TwoWeeksislong · 19/08/2022 17:19

Does the man not have his own house? At twenty fucking eight I’d expect him to at least be renting his own room in a flatshare. Why does he need to stay at yours? If he would like to meet you perhaps he could take you and your daughter’s father out for lunch? (And pay for you all!)

Please
or

Lavendersummer · 19/08/2022 17:24

Arrange to go for lunch/coffee together and see what you think of him before?

Please
or

speakout · 19/08/2022 17:26

Where does lover boy live?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?