My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find nursery advice from other Mumsnetters on our Nursery forum.

Nurseries

To change nursery or not?

3 replies

Loosingmymind · 18/01/2010 15:58

Hi, please help me if you can! I genuinely dont know what to do.

Im on maternity leave and am due to go back to work in 4 weeks. My work have only confirmed my new hours today. DS is 2.10 and has been at has been at nursery since 14mo. DD is 10 months and has been there 3 weeks so is still settling in.

Anyway, the nursery they attend does not hav spaces for the hours I need the best they can do is let me know if they become available. No guarantees.

I hav found another nursery that have the hours I need.

Do you think its really unfair on them to change nursery when they love it and DD is still getting used to it? My only other option is to just hope spaces come up and try and find babysitters until they do.

Ive been in tears this afternoon worrying about settling them into a new nursery.

What would you do? Thanks. :-)

OP posts:
bubblagirl · 18/01/2010 16:16

i think there both young enough to adjust to the change its probably harder for you than it is for them

Loosingmymind · 18/01/2010 16:29

Thanks bubbla, I think you are probably right but it took DS ages to settle into his current nursery and DD screams when I drop her off so I'm worried this will set them back. Although I'm sure it would just be temporary.

OP posts:
bubblagirl · 19/01/2010 07:46

it would be if you have no choice in the matter sadly you will have to whatever you need to who knows maybe they may like the environment of the new nursery more and settle quicker

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.