My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find nursery advice from other Mumsnetters on our Nursery forum.

Nurseries

Recommendations for Peckham nurseries please?

4 replies

mariamenendez · 15/12/2009 10:43

Hi, I'm moving to Peckham/SE15 area in February and am back to work in April. I have DD's name down for Mother Goose in Denmark Hill but am worried in case she doesn't get in. Does anyone have any recommendations for good nurseries/childminders/nanny share in the area? She is 6 months now so will be 9/10months by then. Am probably going back to work for 3 days a week (although not looking forward to it!)

OP posts:
Scarfmaker · 17/12/2009 20:54

Hi - have you looked at the Southwark list of childminders? You could always go through these to see if they have a vacancy.

Meanwhile, I would keep phoning Mother Goose as you do really need to know whether they will have a space soon as April isn't far off.

mariamenendez · 21/12/2009 18:01

Looks like Mother Goose won't have place despite putting name on waiting list in July and them saying it should be fine. Seems they just take the £20 and then allocate places randomly. It looks like Asquith will have a place though.
I shall look at the childminder list though- thanks for that

OP posts:
chandellina · 05/01/2010 16:21

I'd recommend a nanny share too, which costs slightly more than nursery but in my opinion is better for very little ones. there's a website www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk where you can find other families in the area looking for shares. I had no luck with the childminders list and happily found a great nanny and share family. good luck, and it's a great area!

heliotrope · 07/01/2010 17:46

I recommend the Early Years Centre on Camberwell Grove, although the waiting list could be a barrier on your timeline. Could be worth a call though - sometimes you get lucky as I don't think they're that organised on the list!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.