My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find nursery advice from other Mumsnetters on our Nursery forum.

Nurseries

Is there anything I can do to "prepare" DD for nursery?

2 replies

Hulla · 07/12/2009 18:18

DD starts nursery in early January when she will be 11.5months.

She is bf and will drink water from a cup but not milk. She seems to find it quite interesting but when she wants to sleep or is really hungry she just wants to bf.

She has all of her naps on my knee after feeding to sleep or in the sling if we're out.

The nursery have said that they could rock her in a pram but she hates the pram (which is why she naps in a sling!).

Should I be doing something now? I have no idea what. I am getting quite anxious about it though.

If anyone has had a similar experience I'd be really grateful if you could share it

OP posts:
Wigeon · 08/12/2009 12:35

You might find that she behaves differently at nursery than at home - a friend's DS needs lots of helping to go to sleep and nap at home (cuddles, rocking, quiet room etc etc) but at nursery, he just goes to sleep on a mat on the floor, for a good long nap, after a little bit of patting on the back, surrounded by other babies! He also won't eat terribly well at home, but at nursery he eats loads apparently, seeing all the other babies eating.

You'll probably find the settling in sessions helpful in finding out whether your DD is the same at home and nursery or not. Hope she settles in well.

Hulla · 08/12/2009 14:36

Thanks wigeon, that's really encouraging

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.