My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find nursery advice from other Mumsnetters on our Nursery forum.

Nurseries

Nurseries in Enfield

8 replies

Katie14 · 02/09/2009 20:31

Hi - can anyone recommend a good nursery in Enfield? I'm going to visit Cedar Park but not sure about which others have a good reputation. Would really appreciate hearing from others who have children in Nursery in Enfield.

OP posts:
mellifluouscauliflower · 02/09/2009 21:05

My son was at Cedar Park Wolverton (the one near Chase Farm. The other one in Hillyfields Park). It's really lovely place, the staff are brilliant and they do lots of interesting things.

The only downside is it is a bit expensive and it can be a bit Waggish.

He also went for a short time to Leapfrog Highland Village. He was happy enough there but I can't say I would recommend it.

If you are not looking for sessional care (ie come home for lunch), Blue Planet in Cockfosters also has a good reputation.

Katie14 · 02/09/2009 21:47

Thanks for that - I was looking at the one iat Hillyfields. How much does it cost? And by waggish do you mean rich chavs?

Or should I just stick to my v expensive nanny??

OP posts:
mellifluouscauliflower · 02/09/2009 23:33

No - not really chavs. Generally they were friendly and pleasant enough. But many of them were very tanned, rich and glossily groomed like Wags. They drove BMWs and Mercedes. One even got picked up by the chauffer in Bentley. At least one of them was a footballer's wife..I guess I just come for a different world!

It was about £45 a day for a 4 year old. Less if you go for 5 days a week.

I think over the age of 2 children really benefit from being around other children.

Katie14 · 07/09/2009 11:43

Thanks.

OP posts:
jessi123 · 09/10/2009 09:54

hi

any one looked at Oak Hill Montessori Nursery near Cat Hill, East Barnet.

Thanks

chantalle · 24/10/2009 22:55

Hi my son goes to a great nursery in Enfield called Goldstar. The staff are very professional and lovely. He learns so much everyday. He absolutely loves it their!

angeljd · 10/03/2010 20:17

Not sure if you have found a nursery but wanted to mention Asquith Nursery based in David Lloyd in Enfield. both my boys go there and they are absolutly fab.

Mine · 12/03/2010 21:42

Hi there
i too am looking for a good nursery in Enfield for my 2yr old DS.

I heard Goldstar was excellent too by a mumsnetter on another thread.

Chantalle... do you mind me asking how much is costs per day??

I keep meaning to call them but every time i remember i look at my watch and its 7pm!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.