My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find nursery advice from other Mumsnetters on our Nursery forum.

Nurseries

how far in advance would you expect to know if you had a nursery place?

2 replies

singingtree · 17/12/2008 10:44

Sorry for another post. DS is on the waiting list for a place at our local childrens centre in January. They said they would let us know at the beginning of December. They rang c Dec 7th to say they were still making decisions. I just rang now, they said, no, they hadn't made a decision, and they couldn't necessarily let us know before Christmas.

It's a lovely nursery, DS knows children there and I know that's where he thinks he's going, and it has a massive garden (rare in London).

It's really stressing me out now. What are they waiting for? And we have a place at another nursery (which might be closing, sorry have posted about that) so a) I don't want to let them down with little notice b) if we knew DS was going there I would be preparing him for it, they said we could drop in to play whenever we want

Is it usual for childrens centres to be so funny about admisssions?

OP posts:
LIZS · 17/12/2008 10:47

Is it a "free" one ? Perhaps they have other children whose circumstances are less certain but would take priority.

singingtree · 17/12/2008 11:00

That's what I thought - it does prioritise some children, and I don't have a problem with that, but it's sooo frustrating.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.